Thursday 17 September 2020

The Chocolate Book Tag


Aaaand we're back with another fun bookish tag I picked up I-don't-know-where. Thank you to whoever posted it originally. XD It's about books and chocolate--who can resist??

Instructions: Answer the questions and tag as many people as you want to answer these questions. 

((*pauses to appreciate how easygoing the rules are*))

1. Dark Chocolate (a book that covers a dark topic).
Stay Where You Are & Then Leave by John Boyne deals with shell-shock, enemy aliens, cowardice, conscientious objectors, deceit, war, grief... lots of heavy topics. And though it tears your heart to pieces & almost oppresses you at times, it ends with such a lovely note. It makes you think in so many ways, & it’s so worth it. 


2. White Chocolate (a light-hearted humorous read).
(I love white chocolate FYI. Most people don’t know. Count yourself privileged). Red Rover, Red Rover, & the other Emily Abbott books. They’re very exciting, but also really humorous and light-hearted, the perfect read when you just need to be entertained & cheered up. And I love them so much. 

3. Milk Chocolate (a book with a lot of hype that you really want to read).
Taylor Bennet’s Porch Swing Girl. I’ve seen it around a lot & I snagged a free copy at one point & I’m eager to read it.

4. Caramel-filled Chocolate (a romantic book).
Anne of the Island. It’s a book that deals with true love & knowing your heart. And the last chapter—oh my word. True love at it’s best. So sweet & lovely. <33 

5. Wafer-less Kit-Kat (a book that surprised you).
A wafer-less Kit-Kat sounds like a pathetic disappointment to me rather than a surprise! Is this suppose to be a good or a bad surprise?? If good, then... Yellow Star was not what I expected! It was just so sweet and uplifting and thought-provoking, and flowed so well. For bad, then I have a number of books that disappointed me. Like Pieces of the Past which could just have been so good & was just not. 


6. Snickers (a book you are going nuts about).
Heh heh heh... as of the writing of this post (don't judge meeeee) I'm still going nuts over 5 Star Spy by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick! I really, really love it. ;D 
By the time this goes live I'll probably be going nuts over another Emily Abbott book, so... 

7. Hot chocolate with mini marshmallows (a book you go to for a comfort read).
(I do not like hot chocolate...) Generally I pick an old favourite for this. Like Enemy Brothers or The Reb & the Redcoats or Understood Betsy... pretty much anything that isn’t heartbreaking, just happy. 


8. A Box of Chocolates (A series you feel has something for everyone).
Anne of Green Gables series... Little House series... Little Women Series... The Paddington Series... The Kitten Case Files Series... there are lots, guys! ;D



So there you are! Feel free to steal this tag if you're a book lover and/or a chocolate lover! Comment below and tell me what book you're going nuts about right now. ;D



1 comment:

  1. Aww yes Anne of the Island!! I'm re-listening to it and its one of the best things out there.

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)