Friday 6 November 2020

Letters to my Past & Future Writer Self


So once more I am stealing an idea from Jenna Terese, but in my defence she told me to do this, so. ;)

She encouraged us to write letters to our past and future writer selves. This is kinda just journaling, but maybe you'll enjoy it anyways and be encouraged or inspired. <3

Letter to Past Writer Self 
It's not easy. You write stuff you think is great and then come back to it later and realize it's awful. You haven't got anyone to listen to your stories. You have all these big dreams and no way of reaching them. You feel like you're mistreated. You feel like you don't have the opportunities you should have. 

Listen. You are okay. Your awful writing? It's this way that you're gonna grow. Your lack of audience? It'll just make your audience more special when it comes.

You've got the wrong mindset. 

Those opportunities you think you don't have? That's on purpose. That's because your story isn't someone else's. God's crafting YOUR story, not replicating someone else's. 

Those dreams you have and will never reach? Listen, I know it sounds unbelievable, but they just might change. They may not be what is best for you. 

Listen. Trust God. He knows exactly what He's doing and it is all for the best. So stop fretting. 

Concentrate on writing, reading, and learning. It's more useful than you'll ever know.

Yeah, your stories are trash. But there are good ideas hidden within, and more importantly, good experience. Don't give up. Don't lose hope. <3 

I promise this is worth it. 

Be flexible. Willing to change. Willing to surrender. 

It pays. 

Letter to Future Writer Self 
I have big plans right now. I'm flying high. Maybe those ideas won't come to fruition. Maybe I'll never be a published author. Maybe I'll never finish the Kalsyian Chronicles. Maybe. Who knows?

God knows. 

I'm gonna trust His plan. So wherever you are right now, know you're on the right track because God brought you here and He makes no mistakes. He gave me these plans and dreams for a reason, but that doesn't mean they'll always turn out as I want them too.

Don't lose faith. Don't lose hope. It's okay. 

Maybe these dreams haven't come true. Maybe they won't come true. 

But the real desires of your heart, God will answer. At the best time. In the best way. 

Don't regret the past. You learned from it. Now move on. 

And cling to this promise, always: He knows best. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)