Saturday 15 February 2020

Book Buddy Collab Tag! { How Well do You Know Your Bookish Friend? }


Hey, friends! I have a special fun post for you all today. My sweet friend Kassie from Soldier Girl Stories & I are collaborating to do a special tag! Her answers about me are over on her blog, so make sure to go check the post. :) We had a lot of fun doing this. ;)

*NOTE: KASSIE’S DOMAIN HAS LAPSED AS OF 2022 AND BEEN TAKEN OVER BY ANOTHER COMPANY. DO NOT GOOGLE IT*

Rules: 
01. Thank the blogger that tagged you. Link back to the creator.  //  So I was actually tagged by Kassie... xD 
02. Pick a bookish blogger friend to do the tag with you and contact them.  //  Kassie offered to do it with me--thanks so much, girl! 
03. Coordinate so that your bookish buddy posts their part of the tag on the same day as you. Be sure to link to their post/blog on yours! // Check! 
04. Answer the questions given. Comment on your buddy’s post to let them know how well they answered! // We decided to co-write the posts instead, so my answers are in normal type & Kass's replies are in italics. 
05. Tag five other bookish bloggers and give them a set of 10 new questions. // Ehhh... what?? Ok. I hope I can find five...

And now for the fun questions!!

01. What’s your buddy’s all-time favourite book?
ACK. The Douglas Bond book that’s grey and has soldiers on the cover??? *goes find the title* War in the Wasteland, by Douglas Bond. 
...Or The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom.... (Considering how often she mentions it...)

Hey, I’m impressed you remembered the cover so well! And yep, you’re right, which reminds me I should reread it. (It’s so good...) The Hiding Place is definitely on my master list of favorites, but it isn’t my very top favorite. 

Hahahaha that was mostly a lucky guess... ahhh, yes, I knew you loved that one but I didn't think it was the very top. ;)

02. How about their favourite author?
Douglas Bond. Right??

If you want me to pick only one... XD 

Lol...

03. What cliché does your buddy hate most?
Oh my word. I have no idea? I’m pretty sure she told me this in a comment under my post about my least favourite clichés... but I totally don’t remember. :[] Erm... love triangles?? They don’t seem her genre...

Love triangles are SO not my thing. X’D That would probably be my least favorite; there’s just better things for your heroes to be fighting over, right?

Is there really anyone who loves love triangles?? 

04. What’s their favourite genre to read?
Military fiction. XD Or military nonfiction.

Yes and yes. *heart eyes* (I usually say historical fiction and contemporary, but we all know that means military stories. ;)) Missionary stories are a close second on nonfiction, but military all the way.

Haha, right! Oh, yes, I love missionary stories too... <3

05. What book are they reading right now?
I have no idea. Sorry... Maybe my own book Broken?? I really don’t know... we never speak of that for some reason! :{

I KNOW RIGHT!!! I’m actually reading Band of Brothers—I finished Broken on like New Year’s Eve, though, so pretty close. 

That is hilarious! I read her book Tattered Wings on Christmas Day and she read my book on New Year's Eve... xD

06. What’s your buddy’s favourite side character?
Maysen. He’s from her own book, but I KNOW she adores Maysen. (He’s pretty amazing, guys... <3).
*wonders who she’s going to say for me*

Yeahhhh...Maysen all the way. Like she said, he’s pretty amazing. Hey, there’s not even a main character that can compete with my love for May...

May is amazing... <33

07. What’s their favourite reading-time drink?
Do other people actually drink while reading?? It always sounded like multitasking to me... unnntil I started doing it. xP I’m gonna say water. Or iced tea...

I definitely don’t... X’D Okay, so first thing in the morning when I’m reading my Bible I’ll drink hot tea. Otherwise, yeah. 

Hahaha, I never thought of you drinking hot tea. XD

08. Name a book that they read but hated.
I feel like I’m epically failing these questions. I have no idea. Like, I can’t even make a guess. Um... maybe a politically correct but historically incorrect Civil War book?? I simply don’t remember her mentioning a book she disliked...

That was like basically what I was thinking for this question. X’D If I didn’t like a book, I won’t really ever mention it. Although she’s right, there was that one Civil War book...at least get your historical names right, people... 

Lol! We just don't really mention that. (Seriously though, why are books like that even published??)

09. What’s their favourite classic?
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom. Is that a classic?
*thinks*
In a way yes, and in another way no... anyway, if we’re going with the traditional sense of “classic,” um... does she even read classics??
*goes complain to my sister*
Lissa: She loves Little Woman.
Me: *glares because WHY DID I FORGET.*
So I’m totally gonna cheat and say Little Women. XP

The answer to if I read classics is basically no. X’D. I’ve read a few but, yeah. XP HOWEVER! I adore Little Women. Don’t get me started... X’D (That’s not cheating. That’s literally my favorite classic.)

That is so cool that we both love LW!!

10. What book are they super excited to get their hands on?
Ummmm... Ryana Lynn Miller’s next Battle for Heritage book. XD


I AM INDEED (mostly because she has me worried about what character gets killed...)!!!

I'm eager to read those too!! 

And now... the tagged! 

Dessa, Rebekah Morris, Kaitlyn, Mikayla, & Victoria! And if anyone else wants to do it, go ahead & send me the links so I can read the posts! 

And the 10 new questions:

01. What's your buddy's favourite book-to-move adaption?
02. What's their favourite cliché/trope?
03. What's their favourite movie? 
04. What is their least favourite genre? 
05. Do they check reviews before buying or reading a book, or just dive right in? 
06. What’s your buddy’s all-time favourite character?
07. Can you name three of their favourite nonfictions? 
08. What's their favourite series? 
09. Does your buddy enjoy buddy-reading? ;P
10. Does your buddy like to snack while reading?

Have fun, guys!! * whispers: if you need a buddy, me loves this tag. xD *

4 comments:

  1. I just loved doing this!!! Honestly you did really good with your answers. <33
    And yes May is amazing. *heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! It was so fun!! Aw, thanks! So did you!!
      <33

      Delete
  2. This tag was so much fun! So neat seeing your answers! Aww, girls that makes me so happy ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t it?!?! I’m glad you enjoyed it. <33 Aw, yes, I’m glad!

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)