Monday 17 February 2020

Rejecting Prejudice // An Appeal to Christians


This is a short post, but it is heartfelt. 

I grew up in Montréal, surrounded by people of every culture, colour, race, & religion. Ever since I can remember, our church had been full of diversity. Just now Italy, Africa, Haiti, Québec, & English Canada is represented in our church. I would be happy to see Jews, Arabs, First Nations, Asians, West Indians, South Americans, Europeans--anybody--joining too. I am convinced that when God sees our church, He is happy to see so many people of different countries, colours, races, nations, & backgrounds all gathered together, worshiping Him, growing in faith, & striving to reach the world for Him. 

I don’t get how someone can allow a person’s race, nation, colour, or religion to make them dislike that person. I don’t get it. I don’t, I don’t. What does it matter what their skin colour is? What does it matter what country they’re from? What matters is whether they have Christ in their hearts or not. What matters is to give them the Gospel.

My friends, it breaks my heart to think that some churches don’t accept people of a certain colour or nation. It breaks my heart that some people dislike people of another nation. This is contrary to Scripture. God tells us He loves the whole world—not the whites, not the Europeans, not the athletic, not the geniuses, not the rich, not the beautiful—THE WHOLE WORLD. We, as Christians, need to reflect that love. We cannot allow prejudice to creep into our hearts. Friends, I challenge & beg you. Reject prejudice. Don’t allow the Devil to plant that thought in your mind. Show God’s love & Jesus’ sacrifice to everyone, without any distinction. God created every single person on this planet; He cares for every single individual. Who are we to decide one is greater than another? We cannot. We will not. 

Cast this cancer far from you, and learn to love everyone. We hate the sin, but we do not hate the person. We disagree with the sin, but we love the person. Treat everyone as Christ would treat them.

Ask yourself this: What would Jesus do? Then go thou and do likewise.

4 comments:

  1. "I don’t get how someone can allow a person’s race, nation, colour, or religion to make them dislike that person." Preach it, Katja!! I'm used to being in a super diverse Army environment where, yeah, we know we're different, but who really cares? So I've only recently really ran across this as a full fledged problem and just... Okay, I'm not gonna start ranting. :/ We're told to love everyone. Color or nationality is such a weak excuse for disobeying the second greatest commandment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know. It’s so not right... but it’s always been such a problem. 😭

      Delete
  2. This breaks my heart too.😥. - Kiara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <33 keep letting it be broken. It’s the only way to keep caring. <33

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)