Saturday 10 August 2019

Book Review 06: A Better Place by Jenna Starr

 Happy Thursday, friends! Today's book is one that will appeal to you horse lovers! ;)




A Better Place 
by Jenna Starr

Synopsis: 
A Better Place tells the story of fourteen-year-old Ellie Zeiker. Ellie thought life was going great--until tragedy struck her family. Now, with no one to turn to, will she choose to trust God, or will she turn her back on the only One who can help her? Join Ellie and her family on this heart-gripping adventure of faith, trust, and hope.


My Review:
 ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
3.5 stars & 4/10 hearts. I have come to be a bit wary of indie authors’ debut novels, especially teen indie authors, but I was surprised by this book. It was well written; polished; and contained a well-done story. It was just predictable enough to be pleasant. I cried more than once throughout, and I enjoyed the characters. I look forwards to more by this author! 

A Favourite Quote: “See, having earthly treasures won’t matter in the long run. It’s the things that you do for Christ that count most.” 
A Favourite Humourous Quote: “Can I pet them?” 
Brad grinned. “Knock yourself out. These guys wouldn’t hurt a flea!” He scratched his chin thoughtfully. “On second thought, they probably would.”

*I received a copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review but I was not required to write a positive review. These are my honest opinions.*


Purchase this book:

~ / / ~

4 comments:

  1. Yes!! I love this story!! I cried too... "On second thought, they probably would." X'D I just love Bear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Haha! Yeah, he's sweet ;) I can't wait for the second book!

      Delete
  2. Aw, Katja, thank you SO SO much! You are so sweet! Thanks for the review!♥💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Thank you for letting me read it! <3

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)