Monday 14 October 2019

8 Favourite Books I Read This Summer


Today I decided to steal Kate Willis' idea... a little bit. ;) I'm going to be mentioning 8 favourite books from 8 different categories that I read this summer. (I know, I know, I'm behind... but... bear with me. xD).

Romance
The Baron's Gloves from Kitty's Class Day, & Other Stories by Louisa May Alcott. Call me a helpless romantist, but I l.o.v.e.d that story. <33

Nonfiction
Daniel Boone, Wilderness Scout by Stewart Edward White. I LOVE this book. It is soo good. My second favouirte book ever. It's humorous and well-written and exciting and true and historical and just awesome. ^_^

Finish That Series
I read four of the Little House books this summer! I finished the last three in September. I'd forgotten how much I loved them... <33

Reread
Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott. This book has tough parts, because it doesn't whitewash stuff. But it is a masterpiece and so historically accurate and beautiful and I love it. 

Historical
Fighting the Flames by R.M. Ballentyne. This was my first Ballentyne book and oh, it stole my heart. <33 London + firefighters + 1800s + hilarious humour + beauty + spiritual things... <33

Contemporary
I'd say Beloved by Kaitlyn Krispense... or the Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott series. I'm going to say both because they are so excellent. I just want to reread them all over again. <33

Fantasy
By fantasy, I mean books set in this world but in made-up countries or places. And I nominate The House at Pooh Corner. It is so beautiful and hilarious and realistic and whimsical... ^_^

Children’s
Who says children's books are just for children? Some of the best books were written for children and are enjoyed by everyone. Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan just made me happy. Norway, and WWII, and ships, and soldiers... yasssss. :D


~ / / ~

So there are 8 favourite books that I read this summer. Tell me about your favourites! 

6 comments:

  1. I just love the Little House books!! But I’ve always found The First Four Years slightly depressing, so the last time I reread the series, I did it in backwards order. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I!! Hm, I never felt depressed... I usually have a bit of trouble pushing through the first book because it feels a little more boring. ;)

      Delete
  2. i love Ivanhoe. It is one of my favorite books. The Little House On the Prairie books are nice too.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do?! That's awesome!! I really love it :D Aren't they, though? :)

      Delete
  3. I read so many books this summer! My favorites were the Jackaby novels and Abigal Johnson's books. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s wonderful! I’ve never heard of those books, but I’m glad you enjoyed them. :)

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)