Monday 27 April 2020

The Playlist Writing Tag


Sooooo I was tagged for this ages ago by Kassie... *goes check* or actually, I wasn't?? Only she did tell me to steal it in the comments, sooo... does that count?? 

Anyways, whether or not I was tagged, here's the Playlist Writing Tag which was so fun to do and made me want to dig out the old statures mentioned here and get to work on them. xD 

And I'm stealing Kassie's description... "This is basically the same tag as the music tag, but instead of writing your favorite lyrics of ten shuffled songs, you share what character or story they remind you of."

So here goes. :) I used my Favourite Hymns playlist on Naxos for this. 

  1. “The Lord’s My Shepherd,” Psalm 23. (Love Divine: The Essential Hymns Collection.)
This would be characters I never wrote a story about on physical paper... they float around in my head & I create stories of them in my head. Just a family who enjoys singing together & sings a lot, in the midst of war... 

Yea, though I walk through death's dark vale,

Yet will I fear none ill,
For thou art with me; and thy rod
And staff me comfort still.


  1. “The Old Rugged Cross,” George Bennard. (100 Best Hymns). 
This seems to say “Jerry” to me... I think Jerry Gray from Chords would really love this hymn. <33 I love it too, very much. 

On a hill far away, stood an old rugged Cross,
The emblem of suff'ring and shame.
And I love that old Cross, where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.
So I'll cherish the old rugged Cross
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged Cross
And exchange it some day for a crown.

 

  1. “Amazing Grace,” John Newton. (100 Best Hymns).
I love this hymn so very much. <33 this one makes me think of another character whose story I started but never finished because it was such a part of my heart. Maybe someday... anyhow, David Campbell from an united MSS. and from “Betrayed.” 

Amazing grace! (how sweet the sound)

   That sav'd a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found,
   Was blind, but now I see.



  1. “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross,” Isaac Watts. (Essential Hymns: 50 Best-Loved Hymns).
This one is Nathan. Nathan Kempe from “Broken.” And oh, I love it too. 

Were the whole realm of nature mine,

That were a present far too small.
Love so amazing, so divine,
Demands my soul, my life, my all.


Yeah, two covers because I haven't yet fixed the second one... still trying to take silhouette #1 and cover up silhouette #2... 


  1. “Jesus, Lover of My Soul,” Charles Wesley. (100 Best Hymns). 
Hmmm... this one reminds me of an old story I wrote in my early teens because this was the theme song. But it also makes me think of Wallace from “Wallace Fitzeric.” Although he would never have heard it because it wasn’t written when he lived!  

Other refuge have I none,

Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, oh, leave me not alone,
Still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed,
All my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing.

Oh my word, this is so Wallace... he would have related so deeply to this hymn!!

(draft cover)


  1. “Just As I Am,” Charlotte Elliott. (23 Favourite Hymns). 
Nathan, of course. This hymn is what finally makes him decide to accept salvation. <33 

Just as I am—and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To Thee, whose blood can cleanse each spot,
—O Lamb of God, I come!

  1. “For All the Saints,” Ralph Vaughan Williams. (Blessed City: Hymns from Worcester). 
This one makes me think of sailors, so it makes me think of “Incomprehensible Mercy.” I could see the lieutenant singing this one. 

Thou wast their rock, their fortress, and their might;
Thou, Lord, their captain in the well-fought fight;
Thou, in the darkness drear, their one true light.
Alleluia! Alleluia!

ignore the watermark... xD this is just a draft!

  1. “Crown Him With Many Crowns,” Matthew Bridges. (The Hymns Album). 
I really don’t know... oh, wait. It makes me think of “Richard Fitzwallace.” This could be sung in Christian’s abbey—it would be amazing. And the King would sing it with such fervour... oh, yes, it’s perfect. 

 Crown him with many crowns,

The Lamb upon his throne.
Hark! how the heavenly anthem drowns
All music but its own.
Awake, my soul, and sing
Of Him who died for thee,
And hail Him as thy matchless King
Through all eternity.


(Again, draft cover.)

  1. “Abide With Me,” Henry F. Lyte. (Abide With Me: 50 Favourite Hymns.) 
Oh my heart. It’s my favourite hymn. <33 I really don’t have a story attached to this except one that’s unwritten & just hangs around in my head each time I listen to it. I should write it down... 


  1. Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
    The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide;
    When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
    Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me.
  1. “All People That On Earth Do Dwell,” William Kethe. (Abide With Me, & Other Favourite Hymns). 
This makes me think of my medieval trilogy... “Eric Fitzhild,” “Wallace Fitzeric,” & “Richard Fitzwallace.” I can totally hear them singing it... and now I totally want to go back to those books!!!


Because the LORD our God is good,
His mercy is forever sure.
His faithfulness at all times stood
And shall from age to age endure.


(I totally don't know why the middle cover is so different from the other two... I must have started revamping it and forgot to update the others!) 

~ / / ~

I tag anyone who's wearing socks... but feel free to steal it if you want. ;P

6 comments:

  1. I love this tag!! And aww, now I’m gonna be singing “Abide With Me”... </3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this...so many good songs and intriguing book covers...XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks... ahahah, those covers... 🤦🏻‍♀️

      Delete
  3. This is cool tag! Maybe I'll have to steal it... *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)