Monday 8 July 2019

My Mission with Little Blossoms for Jesus

I'm a reader. I've been a book lover all my life. I carried my favourite books under my arm when, as an 18-month-old, I went to see my newborn sister in the hospital (for your information, they were little board books of Bible stories--I think one was Moses in the bullrushes, but I don't know what the other one was.) I've read books ever since I (finally) learned to read. I've read good books. I've read bad books. I've read amazing books. Reading is one of my very favourite activities.

I'm also a big people-person. I love people. I love sharing what I love with people. People and books are two of my favourite things.

Recently I have realized that I can use one of these loves of mine to help my other love.

I know what it's like to look at a book and wonder, "Should I get this?" The cover looks intriguing, the synopsis sounds really good, but... "Is the romance okay?" "Is there some nasty details I don't want to know?" "Any language?" "Is there magic in here?" "Is this worth spending money on?" Sometimes your friends have reviewed it. Sometimes they haven't. And sometimes when they have reviewed it, you're still left wondering about issues that you may have but they might not.

I want to help fill that need. I desire to help people who share similar standards and book preferences with me to be able to read my review and maybe be able to decide whether they want to buy this book or not. I hope that I can help girls like me find books that they love and stay away from books that they wouldn't love.

That is part of my mission with my blog. The other part of my mission is this: just to have a place where hopefully I can encourage people like me. A place where I can make a difference by kindness and love and following Jesus.

That is my hope and my prayer for this blog.

~ / / ~

I hope that through this blog we can create strong, Godly friendships. Drop me a comment and introduce yourself! Are you a book lover? What's your favourite flower? Have you any siblings? Let's chat. <3

4 comments:

  1. Katja, you did it! I'm so excited for you!!! What a lovely missions statement!

    So, yes, I'm a book lover ;) my favorite flowers are Cherry Blossoms, Tiger Lilies, Dogwood Blossoms and Violets.

    And I have six siblings!

    May God bless you in this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear girl!! I wouldn’t have done it with all your encouragement <3

      Book lovers unite lol!! Oh, I love cherry blossoms and violets!!

      We have so much in common! xD

      Blessings to you too! <3

      Delete
  2. Hey Katja! So glad you decided to do this blog! I often struggle on finding good books simply because I want to know more about them! You can only learn so much from a back cover lol. Looking forward to many, many reviews!

    <3
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jenna! Thank you for that comment!! It was so encouraging. I hope these reviews can be a blessing and a help! <33

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)