Monday 25 May 2020

The Don't Panic! Tag


Hey, guys! Today I have a fun quarantine tag for you. This was created by the sweet Ryana Lynn and when I saw it I just knew I had to do it, even if I already have a *coughs, coughs* tag for May. ;D


Rules:

1.) Thank the Blogger who advised you not to panic XD. // Thanks, Ryana Lynn. XD 

2.) Answer all the Questions. // ✔️ 

3.) Use the graphic if at all possible (I know Blogger is acting up right now). // ✔️ (so grateful for Google Chrome & my mother!) 


#1. Pray. Name a book that encouraged you in your spiritual life.

I just finished reading "God's Smuggler" by Brother Andrew. WOW. This book really impacted me. The biggest thing that stood out to me was the power of prayer... and how God will ALWAYS take care of everything, big or small. I was also really struck by how Christianity was attacked in different countries--in the places where persecution was severe, there were many Christians, but where the young people had been weaned away, or where the Christians had become indifferent & followed the easier path of "doing like everyone else"... Christianity was waning. This book was really convicting, encouraging, and a blessing. 


#2. Breathe. Name a book that was a breath of fresh air.

I am currently making my way through the Elsie Dinsmore series by Martha Finley. The first book was a bit tough, but the other 7 (I've only gotten up to book 8 so far) were SO refreshing. They are just FULL of Christian life, doctrine, lovely characters, and so much wisdom & Godliness. It was so refreshing to read books where I agree 100% with almost everything. I highly, highly recommend this series! 


#3. Relax. Name a book that is a comfort read for you.

I've been reading "Heidi" for pretty much as long as I can remember. I read my mother's copy until it fell into pieces; I read the French versions we'd borrowed from the library; I read the other French copies that we bought later on; and I read several ebook versions in English. I loved this story so much as a little girl, and I think I love it even more now, being old enough to appreciate the beauty and humour and the theme. My favourite version is this free Amazon Classics one; out of all the versions I've read, this one is the most like the original German version. (This same version is also on Gutenberg.org)


#4. Hydrate. Name a book (outside of the Bible) that you read regularly to recharge/revive you or your passion.

Last year I read "A Modern Sacrifice" by Isabella Alden and was very much impacted by it. I just reread it last month, and I think I will try to reread it every year. It's a strong reminder that Christians are expected to be different than the rest of the world--to be "peculiar people." It convicts me every time. I also find "Mrs. Dunlap's Commentary" very convicting, and I think I'll try to reread that every year too. 


#5. Cookies. Name a book that is a fun read for you, sweet and easy.

I think I'll say "Exiles From the War" for this one. Out of all the Dear Canada books I've read, I'm pretty sure this is the lightest, most relaxing read. It's set in WWII, but it's almost solely focussed on the family life during this time. It's sweet and funny and just very enjoyable to read. 


#6. Organize. Name a book that you enjoyed that was more of an instructional type book.

Can I just say "Basic Principles of Speech"? ;D I guess I could also say "How to Read a Book." It was a deep read but I enjoyed it and learned a lot from it! Oh, wait, I think I'll say "Balanced & Barefoot," by Angela Hanscom. This is a fantastic book which I really enjoyed, which taught me a lot, and which I highly recommend! 


#7. Sing. Name a book that just makes you want to sing!

"Mr. Pipes & the British Hymn Makers" by Douglas Bond. This is one of my top favourite books and it contains some of my top favourite hymns. Of course I want to sing them after reading them again! :D


#8. Soup. Name a book that makes you feel warm inside.

Hmmm.... "Yellow Star" by Jennifer Roy. This is a Holocaust story, but it is absolutely heart-warming. It's just so sweet and beautiful, and so well written... highly recommended. <33


#9. Tissues. Name a book that never fails to make you cry.

No doubt about it. I've been reading "Little Women" pretty much all my life and it still makes me tear up--more than once. There's a very good reason why this is my second-favourite novel of all time. It is so real and beautiful and good. <33


#10. Fuzzy Socks. Name a book that was quick, sweet and snuggly.

I'm going to say "Right Number" by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick. This is a Christmas short story that you can read for free here. It is quick but sweet and just adorable if you know Brent & Emily. ;) 


So there you are! I tag anyone who wants to do this (but really, who wouldn't want to? It's so fun!! :D). 



6 comments:

  1. Awww! Katja! This was perfect! Excellent choices and thank you so much for doing it! *hugs you tight*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're so welcome! <33 Hugs back!

      Delete
  2. I love this!! <3333 Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it!! :)

      Delete
  3. I love this tag *heart eyes*
    AND GOD’S SMUGGLER!! “Who wouldn’t choose, well, God and all that...” </3
    Right Number is so sweet...

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)