Monday 25 May 2020

The Bibliophile Sweater Tag


I stole this tag from Abigayle... a long time ago. XP Finally getting around to doing it!! 

Rules (more like guidelines...)
- Give the person who tagged you a never-ending supply of cookies (or just thank them - either works). || No one tagged me... but I’ll give Abi a thank you for sharing the tag. XP  
- Answer all the questions and use the blog graphic for this tag somewhere in your post. || Check!  
- Pass along the tag to at least five other people. || I’ll try!  
- Wear a sweater (okay, this is optional...but why wouldn't you want to??). || I hate sweaters... so no thanks. At the moment, though, I’m wearing a cardigan. Happy? 

OK! Let's start. ;)

1// Fuzzy sweater (a book that is the epitome of comfort).
Little Women. The Railway Children. The Little House books. Anne of Green Gables. How can I choose? These books are a part of my heart. I think I’ll go with Anne, though. It’s the one I’ve known and loved the longest. <33

// Striped sweater (book which you devoured every line of).
Little Women. I’ve read this book more times than I can count. At least once a year since I was 7... and I read an abridged copy before that.

// Ugly Christmas sweater (book with a weird cover).
My kindle copy of Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery. This cover is so un-Anneish and so not the book at all.

// Cashmere sweater (most expensive book you've bought).
I think the most expensive book I ever bought was $21 and I think that was Enemy Brothers. I’m not sure, though... but I never spent more than $25 on any book. But the most expensive ebook I ever bought was like $8.99. I'd already read this book and I loved it, so I bought the ebook and later it came on sale for $2.99. *eyeroll* 


// Hoodie (favourite classic book).
I’ve already said two of my favourites. Here’s a third. Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. What a brilliant, witty, hilarious book.<3 

// Cardigan (book that you bought on impulse).
I seldom actually purchase books on impulse. I get free books on impulse but not ones I have to pay for. I’m trying to think if I ever got a thrift book on impulse... I always look inside and read the synopsis, and usually I’ve already heard of & wanted the book, or I’ve read the author before, or something like that. I really can’t think of a book I bought just like that. 

// Turtleneck sweater (book from your childhood).
Mr. Popper’s Penguins! I love that book but I haven’t read it in so long. Also Understood Betsy by Dorothy Canfield Fisher... and Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White... and I could name many more. <33 

// Homemade knitted sweater (book that is Indie-published).
Tattered Wings by Kassie Angle!!!! I love that book so much. Request it at alllll the libraries. <33 

// V-neck sweater (book that did not meet your expectations).
I don’t like talking of those books. Pieces of the Past by Carol Matas was the worst, I think. It was so disappointing. Dull, not long enough, a bit confusing, no really lovable characters... so not what I expected from a Dear Canada book. 

// Argyle sweater (book with a unique format).
The Anne of Green Gables Treasury of Days. It’s not a usual calendar! I love going through it so much. It made Green Gables feel so familiar when I actually went there! 

// Polka dot sweater (a book with well-rounded characters).
Enemy Brothers by Constance Savery. This woman nails her characters. Even the ones that never actually appear on-scene, or the ones that pop up for one instant... they’re real. She tells you so much about her characters in their surroundings & actions & the way others think of them. Really, that book is full of amazing writing lessons. 


~ / / ~

And I tag... whoever is wearing nail polish. Lol. 

6 comments:

  1. This was such an adorable tag!! I also hate sweaters XP But I wear hoodies constantly in the wintertime, so *shrugs* *maybe that counts*
    that cover is weird X’D
    *all the heart eyes over Tattered Wings*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! YAYYYY A GIRL AFTER MY OWN HEART!!!! Hoodies aren't sweaters, but yeah, maybe it does count... idk....
      It is...
      *joins you*

      Delete
  2. BTW, here, cardigans are called sweaters too XP and yeah goodies should count ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha okay! ;D I never actually wore a hoodie...

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)