Friday 14 August 2020

The Cake-Flavoured Book Tag


Hey friends! Today we have a tag which I stole from Dessa. I was not actually tagged for this one, but it looked sooo fun that I've wanted to do it for a long time!!

1. Chocolate Cake (a Dark Book You Absolutely Love).
Does this mean a book that actually makes you feel dark? Or one that just deals with dark subjects?? I don’t know. There are books that I really like but that make me feel more or less oppressed because I know the bad thing that’s coming up and it hurts. As for dark subjects, I tend to love books that tackle hard topics. Belovedby Kaitlyn Krispensedealt with suicide, abandonment, betrayal, & more... but it is just a beautiful, humorous, heart-satisfying read.  

2. Vanilla Cake (a Light Read).
Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne. The book is light-hearted and humorous read, but it has some beautiful themes & elements.... it’s a deep book. 

3. Red Velvet (a Book That Gave You Mixed Emotions).
Mm, red velvet is so good. 
Dreams & Devotion by Sarah Holman. Up to this book I loved all the Taelis books. This one I had a problem with because the religion became so Catholic. I love the lessons, but I have a hard time with certain stuff that I don’t agree with. 

4. Cheesecake (a Book You Would Recommend to Anyone).
Who doesn’t love cheesecake?! 
I nominate A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole. This book is so sweet and beautiful. It has an amazing theme, and wonderful characters, and such a lovely plot. <33 Honestly, I think everyone should read it. 

5. Coffee Cake (a Book You Did Not Finish).
I like coffee cake, actually... 
There were two books lately that I skim read/pre-read & decided to DNF because of content. Both were by Kate Cambridge. 

6. Carrot Cake (a Book With Great Writing).
Oh, yes, carrot cake is so yummy. 
Ahhhh! Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott. This book is a masterpiece of writing. Yes, there are stuff that I don’t approve of & it also tackles a couple dark subjects. But it has a masterful plot, amazing character creation, and wonderful language/description. 

7. Tiramisu (a Book That Left You Wanting More).
I don’t like tiramisu!
 I don’t often want more to a book. I prefer stand-alones to series. Perhaps the one exception is the Emily Abbott books by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick. Each one leaves me wanting another!!! 




8. Cupcakes (a Series With 4+ Books).
Cupcakes are such fun. 
The What Katy Did Series by Susan Coolidge! I love this series SO. VERY. MUCH. I love the people, and the lessons, and the writing style, and the descriptions, and the plots... She was an amazing author. <33 And my favourite female main character is Katy. <3

 

 


9. Fruit Cake (a Book That Wasn't What You Anticipated).
I actually like fruit cake. 
Fern’s Hollow by Hesba Stretton. I need to reread this one. But when I first read it I found it not what I expected. It was nice, but I didn’t love it. 

10. Lamington (Favourite Australian Book).
I’ve never tasted Lamington. But I love Australia. Sadly, I’ve read few books about Australia. But G.A. Henty’s A Final Reckoning I love. I mean, it's got bushrangers & policemen. XD 

~ / / ~

Such a fun tag!!! I never know who to tag for these, so just go ahead and steal it from me if you want to do it. ;) 

13 comments:

  1. This is such a fun creative tag! Also I love Winnie the Pooh!!! :) I've only read the first in the Emily Abbott series, but I really want to read the rest! And I am intrigued by the What Katie Did series. I've never read Ivanhoe, but I'm now wondering if it's a good option to read aloud with my husband. We like to read classics together, but we have to read stuff that both of us will enjoy! It can be a challenge sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it?! I love it! Awwwww, yay! I love Pooh so much! And ohhhh, you MUST read Emily Abbott! I loooove What Katy Did--highly recommend it. Hm, I couldn't say. I have a review up if you want to see it. :)

      Delete
  2. This was so fun! Okay, so I despise fruit cake above all cakes and someone insists on giving us some every year XD but anywho, I've tried to enjoy Hesba Stretton and I just can't seem to. All the ones I've read we so depressing...

    YES WE NEED MORE BRENT AND EMILY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, poor you XD
      I liked another of her books, so I guess it depends!
      YES WE DOOOOOOO!

      Delete
  3. This tag looks so fun!
    And YES, the Emily Abbott series is SO GOOD. One of my favorites. 😍😍😍
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun!! Feel free to take it.
      YES IT ISSSSSS!
      Welcome! :) Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  4. This is such a fun tag! The Emily Abbot books definitley left me wanting more to!! Have you read the poetry books that are in the Winnie the Pooh series? Those are my favorite. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!! I know right?! YESSSS I love those books!!!! The whole series is amazing <333

      Delete
  5. Such an interesting tag! The Emily Abbott books left my sister and I wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one was so much fun!!! I just might have to steal it... B) (Yep, used that emoji just for you! Did I get it right? :P)
    Oh, Beloved is one that I really, really want to read!!! I love books that tackle tough topics, too!
    And the Emily Abbott books... *heart eyes* AMAZING!! Yes, I need more!!! Except then I'll binge read and then the books I need to beta read and read for reviews will get pushed back farther... ;P
    This was wonderful!! Thanks for sharing!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)