Saturday 7 September 2019

Book Review 14: Our Heritage to Save by Ryana Lynn Miller

Happy Thursday, friends! Today's review is book two of the Battle for Heritage Series... a book that touched me in an unprecedented way...




Our Heritage to Save 


Synopsis: 
1862
Our Fight For Freedom 
Heritage. Family. Freedom. What would you be willing to do to protect them? This is the question that the soldiers of the Blue and the Gray asked themselves multiple times no doubt during the War Between the States. And the Mason family is not exempt from answering it. 
“I have sons fighting in both armies, and that is not acceptable to me. My younger son chose his…his ‘country’ over his family.” 
Seth’s eyes were sincere as he slowly said, “Hard decisions have to be made in time of war, sir. I have cousins in the Union army as well. You’re right, it hurts. It hurts my mama a lot, because she’s from up north. But the rights of life, liberty and property must be defended.” 
Join the Masons as they enter the second year of conflict between the Confederacy and the Union. As loyalties are tested, some soldiers must choose between their beliefs and their families. Be reminded that war is not all glory, but also a good deal of anxiety, sorrow and broken dreams.
May the whole family enjoy this story as they seek a closer relationship with the Lord and learn more about our Nation’s history. You'll Learn About:
Civil War Photography
Kernstown
Shiloh
The Battle of Seven Days
Antietam
Fredericksburg
Divided Family
The Emancipation Proclamation
And Much, Much More!
Then Here's to Our Confederacy, Strong we Are and Brave. Like Patriots of Old, We'll Fight Our Heritage to Save!


My Review:
⭐⭐ ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎
4.5 stars & 5/10 hearts. I enjoyed this book much more than the first. The writing style is still a little weak, but the atmosphere of the book is amazing. War pervades everything and there is no relief. I am distressed to think that this heartbreak will continue for three more years. There is no glory of war in this book, only the dreary, heartbreaking reality. It’s not gory—in fact, it’s still written in a juvenile style—but it’s very striking. I have never been marked by a war book like this before. My heart is wrenched by all the broken children. I love Burdy and Richard... and Drew, and Alvin. And several other characters ;) I really, really look forward to the next book!!

Unfortunately, my quotes from this book were all wiped off by my Kindle crash. I will update this review when I reread this book. 



~ / / ~

Have you read any of this author' books?? 

 

4 comments:

  1. I love this book!! The 1863 book was toughest book for me, but this one is still really good and sad. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1863 book IS really tough! This one is difficult too... so sad...

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)