Monday 23 September 2019

Do I Have that Book? Blog Tag


Today I have another bookish tag (xD I did tell you I love tags, so you had fair warning xD). This was left as an open tag by Kassie—thank you, Kassie! ;) I’m going to try and do this only with my physical books. xD We’ll see how that works... I don’t have many physical books. 

*Note: Most of these images were taken from Google or Amazon and do not belong to me.*


01. Do you have a book with tattered edges?
I’m taking this as a book whose pages are tattered for decorative purposes. I do! One of my very favourite books, “Daniel Boone: Wilderness Scout” by Stewart Edward White. This is such an amazing biography... <33



02. Do you have a book with 3+ people on the cover?
Yes! “Little Town on the Prairie” by Laura Ingalls Wilder. <3 I love those books... who else is a Little House fan?! 


03. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
Yes! Among others, “Befriending the Beast” by Amanda Tero. Based on the Beauty & the Beast stories. ;) I really like retellings...


04. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
Enter our first ebook... This was hard to find, but I do! “I Don’t Dance” by Jesseca Wheaton. This book is SO much better than the title suggests. It was just soo sweet. 


05. Do you have a book with a title that beings and ends with the same letter?
This was even harder to find, but yes! “Red Rover, Red Rover” by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick. Oh, I love this book!! And it starts off an amazing series. I only have these in ebook for now, but I want the paperbacks ASAP!! 


06. Do you have a mass market paperback book?
Thank you to Kassie for explaining what a Mass Market Paperback was, because I had no clue... But yes, I have one! “Little Women” by Louisa May Alcott. Isn’t it gorgeous? <3


07. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
“The Old River Road,” by Ivy Rose. She has now republished this under her real name, Hailey Rose. This book is really good and it is just GORGEOUS! 


08. Do you have a book with a character’s name on it?
Do I get double points if my book has two characters’ names on it?? “Jonas & Olivia,” by Victoria Minks
If you really want one name (we all know I’m very detail-oriented...), here’s an ebook... “Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm,” by Kate Douglas Smith Wiggins. 


09. Do you have a book with two maps on it?
I could only find one with a map. “Journey to Love,” by Amanda Tero. This is a lovely story! 

10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
I believe the Little House books were made into a TV show... and I have the whole series. 


11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else?
And we return to the ebooks... I am going to say “Waverley” by Sir Walter Scott. Scott was known for his poetry and when he published “Waverley” he did so anonymonously in order that it would be taken for what it was. 


12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
“A Question of Loyalty” by Jesseca Wheaton. I haven't read it yet, but the two first books were amazing and I'm kind of afraid to read this one and end the series! I really need to get paperbacks of books 2 & 3...


13. Do you have a poetry book?
I have several! My favourite is “Poems Every Child Should Know,” by Mary E. Burt. It was so many lovely poems!!


14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
Yes! This adorable little paperback beauty“Sarah, Plain & Tall” by Patricia MacLachlan. ^_^


15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
Kate Willis has the same first initial...
 And James Lucas has the same last initial. (I have not read this book so I cannot recommend it).


16. Do you have a book of short stories?
I have several! My favourite is probably “Wind Chimes” by Victoria Minks--which I have in paperback. 


17. Do you have a book that is in between 500-510 pages?
*grimaces* *goes searching among her kindle books* Yes! “Arnhem 1944 by Martin Middlebrook. 501 pages. I have not read it yet, so I can't recommend it. :)


18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
“Anne of Green Gables” by Lucy Maud Montgomery was! This whole series is so beautiful... 


19. Do you have a graphic novel?
No, but I read this one online and I want to get a paperback copy so badly! 


20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
Yes... “A Higher Call” by Adam Makos & Larry Alexander. 

And I tag...
Anyone who wants to do it. ;) Enjoy! 

18 comments:

  1. Sarah Plain and Tall was one of my fave childhood books growing up!!!
    Fun post! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t it just delightful?!

      Aw, thanks! Thank you for commenting. :)

      Delete
  2. Yay!! I'm so glad you did this! I l.o.v.e the Little House books. <33 I just keep hearing about I Don't Dance...I may have to look into it at some point...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kassie! It was fun! I love them tooo <33 just finished rereading them for the first time in years! “I Don’t Dance” is so good! I was a bit wary of it before but I’m so glad I read it. <3

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn’t it! Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed. :)

      Delete
  4. Haha! This tag is awesome! Great post, Katja!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what DOES *Mass Market mean*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Mass market paperback books, or MMPBs, are printed for large audiences cheaply. This means that they are smaller, usually 4 inches wide by 7 inches tall, and the text is in a smaller font. These smaller sized books are often called pocket books, and they do fit easily into a purse or a back pocket." Hope that helps. ;)

      Delete
    2. OH! thank you soooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  6. do you have to have a blog to do this tag?

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)