Friday 13 September 2019

So Much to Live For


Friend, are you struggling with thoughts of discouragement? Do you feel like you aren’t good enough? Do you feel like you’re never going to reach your dreams? Do you feel like you don’t have the privileges others have? Do you feel inadequate—not as good as everyone else? Do you hate how life is? 
I’ve been there. I’ve battled it too. But you know what? I kept on, and see what happened. 
When I was 13, I struggled with feeling like I would never reach my dreams and that I did not have the privileges others have. But I kept on. And now, my dreams are coming true, and I am surrounded by the blessings I craved.
I’ve struggled with feeling not beautiful enough, not clever enough, not good enough. But I kept on. And now, people give me the best compliments I could ask for—that I’m sweet. And they love me for who I am, overweight and clumsy and naïve and slow as I am.
So often, I’m frustrated with my life and I mutter, “I hate life.” But I keep on. And an hour after I’ve cried my frustration, I’m laughing at something. 
Is it raining right now? The sunshine will return. Is it winter time? Spring is on its way. Is it dark? The light is coming. 
There’s always hope.

My hope is built on nothing less 
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness. 
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.

Are you built on that solid rock? Have you Jesus’ peace in you? Are you resting in the hope that faith brings? If you haven’t asked the Lord to save you, then do so right now. He will save you, no matter what. There’s always hope. 
There’s hope in life, in death, in joy, in sorrow, in peace, in fear. In the everyday, God will help you. In fear, God will sustain you. In grief, God will comfort you. In death, God will be with you. There’s always hope. 
Don’t give up. Don’t lose hope. Don’t break someone’s heart. Don’t sin so grievously. Don’t end your story prematurely. Don’t lose faith. 
There’s so much to live for, even if your life is difficult. There are so many little things in life that can bring you joy. 
  1. Friendship. That feeling when you and your friends have the most hilarious conversation that would creep any normal person out. When your friend gives you a sweet compliment. When your friend gives you a hug. When you chat over the phone. When you read a book together. When you encourage each other in Christ. God orchestrates the most amazing friendships.
  2. Colour. The vibrancy of red. The depth of blue. The lushness of green. The serenity of lavender. The cheer of yellow. There are so many beautiful and amazing couleurs that surround us every day. They have me in awe. Stop and appreciate the colour in your life for a minute. 
  3. Music. Violins. Pianos. Trumpets. Sonatas. Hymns. Impromptu singing. Choirs. Birds chirping. Music is so beautiful. Find the really good pieces and songs and listen to them. Nothing brightens your mood like music. 
  4. Stories. Stories are everywhere. Everyone’s life is a story. Every book is a story. Every building has a story. And God writes the best, most mind-blowing stories ever. 
  5. Nature. There is so, so much beauty around us. Sunsets. Flowers. Trees. Grass. Lakes. Clouds. I love the beauty of nature. It’s amazing. 
  6. Ice cream. And all those other little treats that make your day. Muffins and éclairs and candy and chocolate and cookies and cake and pies and pastries... 
  7. Smiles. Dimpled smiles, broad smiles, smirking smiles, happy-tears smiles, baby smiles, loving smiles, how-do-you-do smiles, welcoming smiles, I-love-you-so-much smiles. So many smiles. 
  8. Laughter. There is so much humour in life. Laugh. Enjoy it. The smallest things can make you giggle—don’t smother it or feel ashamed or childish. God gave us laugher for a reason. 
  9. Water. Commonplace enough, but oh so good. And so useful. And so beautiful. And so fun to play in. And so relaxing. God-given. 
  10. Hoop earrings. Rhinestone rings. Ruffles and lace. Your favourite skirt. Those little accessories and outfits you love. The things that make you smile when you put them on. 
  11. Adventures. Big eyes full of amazement. Laughing yourself speechless. Discovering things. Exclaiming over stuff. Enjoying your family. Making memories. Doing something new.  
  12. Meals. Sharing your favourite food with someone you love. Relishing the tastes that fill your mouth. Poring over recopies. Appreciating the beauty of vegetables and meat and fruits. 
  13. Dreams. Goals. Plans. Aspirations. Desires. Making us push and rewarding us. Stepping out in faith, holding God’s hand. Surrendering to His call. Accepting His plan. 
There’s so much to live for. There’s so much beauty in life. God gave you so much—trust that He’ll give you all you need. Stay and fight in His strength. 

~ / / ~

September is Suicide Awareness Month. Please, take time to reach out to people and make sure they're okay, even if they seem to be so. And pray. Pray for God to reach people before they end everything. 

4 comments:

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)