Tuesday 19 November 2019

The Intimidating TBR Tag



I stole this tag from Victoria's old blog Victoria's Book Nook

ABOUT MY TBR
Amount: 557 books. 😅  
Mostly: Historical Fiction & Nonfiction.
Since: 2016. 🙊
Will Finish By: 2020??? I don't know... probably not... those things last you all your life. But I do hope to read some books that have been on there for 3 years!! ðŸ˜…

1 // A book on your TBR pile that you haven't finished.
Like, all of them? If you mean one I started & never finished... A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I loved it, I just... we were reading it for school, and when we stopped, we weren’t done it... and I had forgotten the beginning over the summer so I have to reread the whole beginning and I just haven’t gotten back to it. 


2 // A book you just haven't had the time to read for.
Basically all of them... We’ll go with A Question of Loyalty by Jesseca Wheaton. I want to reread books 1 & 2 before I read book 3, and I haven’t had time yet. 


3 // A book you haven't read because it's a sequel.
Escape & Endurance by Sarah Holman. I haven't read Dreams & Devotion yet, and I want to read Elapse first, but I haven't gotten it yet. 


4 // A book you haven't read because it's brand new.
So I don't actually have any brand-new books. But... I downloaded this book just the other day... Storm Warriors; or, Life-Boat Work on the Goodwin Sands by John Gilmore. It sounds interesting! I love books about the sea & I just recently discovered books about the lifeboats of England in the 1800s and it’s very interesting. 


5 // A book by and author you read previously but didn't really like.
I don’t happen to have any books that I’m hesitant to try for that reason. But I’m putting off The Earth & Sky by Edward S. Holden because it sounds like his astronomy book which is somewhat boring.


6 // A book on your TBR pile that you’re just not in the mood to read.
5 Secrets of Story Structure by K.M. Weiland. I just don’t feel like studying right now. 😉

(But I've heard it's super good, and it's currently still free, so maybe go check it out?) 


7 // A book on your TBR pile that you haven't read because it's enormous.
*coughs* All of Sir Winston Churchill’s books. I have books 1-3 of his Second World War series and book 2 of his History of the English-Speaking Peoples and... it takes a lot of determination to sit down and read Churchill. I love his writing, but it is long. 

        



8 // A book on your TBR you bought because of the cover.
*hides* So I used to be innocent of this but now I have fallen into it. The Princess Spy by Melanie Dickerson. I have three of her books now and I look forwards to reading them. 


9 // The book on your TBR you find the most intimidating.
Oooo... uh... most intimidating?? The Complete Harvard Classics. That thing is S O  B I G. 😰



8 comments:

  1. WOW my word girl you have goals...haha...sadly I do not have such big goals in my TBR life. I am wanting to read more indie books and support the authors but that takes money...*SIGH*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol don’t I know it... this is one of the places where my highly optimistic nature comes forth... XD ... I know! I mostly get my books free, but I’m so happy when I can afford to buy an indie book. ^_^

      Delete
  2. *looking at Churchill like...That would kill me to even attempt* I'm reading The KM Weiland book right now! Oh, you'll really like it! And it's a permanent freebie! I really want to read the Princess Spy! Let me know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I love Churchill’s writing so much. Oh cool! I’m glad to know that. And that’s it permafree. That’s so good :) I will! I can’t read it until I’ve read the other books though so it might take a while; I haven’t got the other books in the series, I think. I just got that one since it was on a sale.

      Delete
  3. Ohh fun tag!! ;DD I lovvvve Melanie Dickersons books!! One book on my TBR is Enemy Brothers, I've heard you talk about it so much that I need to find out what all the hype is about ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn’t it! XD I’m eager to try her. YAYYYYY THAT MAKES ME SO HAPPY!!!!!! :D

      Delete
  4. Okay, that is an intimidating TBR. X’D Ahh, I remember reading like the first page of the first Churchill book when I was younger. They are really impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, right. XD They’re beautiful! So deep but which such poetic writing—and quite humorous!

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)