Monday 6 January 2020

December 2019 Wrap-Up


Hello, friends! It is Friday morning and I have finally gotten into the blogging mood thanks to my new planner. I have a lot of blog work to do, books to read, reviews to work on, and a story to write--AND COLLEGE AHHHHH. I am not ready for college. And I am still not sure what exactly will happen with all that because we've hit some snags, sooo... prayers appreciated!

Let's take a peek (actually, knowing me, more like a perusal) of December 2019 now! :) I feel like this is very short and boring buttt I read a lot, sooo....

BTW, I decided to join the bookish and the happenings category together. ;)


~ Happenings ~ 

// We had our Christmas service. Lissa and I sang God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen so much while we practised that now my little sisters can sing it. XD And we also sang a medley of Il est né, le Divin enfant + Dans la pail fraîche (Away in a Manger). It was lovely!!
// I edited Broken for about two weeks and then emailed it out to my beta-readers. So far the reports I've gotten are that people love it and think it's realistic. :) So that's nice. I also stayed up till 1:30 one night reading it myself mwahaha.








// I created a new Instagram account to post the lifestyle stuff on and I'm happy with that decision. I'm not sure how active I'll be this year but we'll see. :)
// I stayed up very late the weeks of Christmas & New Year (like past midnight). Now I need to get out of that habit! I also had difficulty with being lethargic, bored, and tired. Trying to get back into the motivational attitude. :) I also ate too much chocolate mwahaha.
// Lissa and I watched Sheffey & ate Oreo drumsticks as a reward for finishing NaNo. That's my favourite movie. We kept stopping or rewinding to look at clothes, discussed how great the actors were, laughed at the humour all over again, and tried not to cry...
// I started collecting my many crazy typos... XD





  


// I collected all my blog post ideas in one place and got some new ones. Guess I don't need to be afraid of running out of content! XD
 

// I started my MONAT journey!!!! I'm super excited. My hair and face have been bugging me so hard and the shampoo & oil are making such a difference!
  


// I FINISHED GRAMMAR REVOLUTION. XD XD


// I listened to a lot of Christmas music... did I mention how much I love carols???


// My story was reviewed on Rebekah A. Morris' blog. As you already know. ;) Aaaand I did my first guest post!!!!
// I went to do errands with Lissa & our second sister & oldest brother. It took us over an hour, lots of courage, and some stress. XD


// I wrote 8,465 words in Notes. I'm sooo excited to start it!! I absolutely love my MC. And the funnest thing is I wrote that in like two days--around 5,000 words one day and about 3,000 the next.


// I also reread my favourite story that I've ever written--the sequel to Chords. It melts my heart every time!!



// I suddenly decided that I didn't like my cover for Broken and I changed it to a new one that I LOVED... until friends pointed out a problem. Soooo I need to fix it and I'm sad because I really loved it.

 
Which one do you like best?? 

// We made our first gingerbread house for years!!! It was so fun and so cute and tasted so good too. ;)



// We had a snowless holidays...

 

// I handwrote the greeting for 40 envelopes. It was fun! (Of course after it turned out we didn't need them all. *eyeroll*).


// I baked cookies several times... and fell in love with frozen chocolate chip cookies all over again. <33
 


// I had a sudden sort of obsession with rings for some reason. I mean, I've always loved rings, but this month I just really, really wanted to wear some for some reason...


// I was nominated for the Lit Aflame blog awards and I was flabbergasted. I don't even follow the blogger and I only heard I was nominated when a friend told me. I was so touched and honoured!!


// I found lots of amazing Pinterest bookish stuff. ;) And enjoyed Snoopy, of course!!

// I listened to the Messiah again. ^_^
// I read the new Emily Abbott story by Perry Elisabeth and fangirled so hard!!!
// I hosted a readathon and really enjoyed it! As soon as it was done I joined in another readathon and loved that too. I finished the Book Lover's Blitz Winter Challenge WHICH MADE ME SO HAPPY because I finished some books I was really wanting to finish in 2019!!!!


// I also read Tattered Wings by Kassie Angle and had a bad reading slump... very unusual. BUT IT WAS SO GOOD GUYS.

// I listened to lotttts of audiobooks and so multitasked well. ;) Knocked several books off my want-to-reread-for-review list!!


// I reviewed my first review-request book by an author I didn't know. Slightly nerve-racking but she was super sweet and I loved the book so it was a great experience! :) Soon after I got another review request--this time for two books--by another author I didn't know... fun stuff. ;)
// I read a ton of Christmas stories and I LOVED it. I haven't ever really read a lot of Christmas stories in December so it was super fun!! I was hoping to read between 25 & 31 and I ended up with over 40. XD
// The 12 DoC happened. XD Lottttsss of fun!!!
// I did lots of detective work, fangirling, and proper British conversations with the amazing Mary & Bethany. ^_^




// Aaaaand I tried to both avoid and figure out the college problem. XP


// Random...

 


~Reading~
Books Read: 80.
Books Reviewed: Probably about 90 books.
0 stars: 1 book.
1 star: 4 books.
1.5 stars: 1 book. 
2 stars: 2 books. 
3 stars: 21 books. 
3.5 stars: 4 books.
4 stars: 16 books.
4.5 stars: 7 books.
5 stars: 9 books. 
5+ stars: 7 books. 



~Favourite Blog Posts~
Christmas is... {Traditions} | Stories By Firefly
Christmas Story Snippets 1/3 | Stories By Firefly 
Countdown Two-Eight – Letter to my Story | Soldier Girl Stories
Cozy, Winter Must-Reads | Victoria Lynn
Donkeys | Professor Carol
Figurines | Professor Carol 
Heart of Christmas | Stories by Firefly 
Heirloom Recipes | Professor Carol
I'm Grateful For Christmas Lights | Loved Before Time
Library People Watching Stories  | A Storynerd's Life
A Little More Like Jesus | Quintessentially Living
A Prayer | Loved Before Time
Saying Goodbye to 2019 | Mikayla Holman
Toy Trains & Nostalgia | Professor Carol
That’s Why We Call Them Heroes | Soldier Girl Stories
We Mean It | Soldier Girl Stories
What Can I Give to Jesus? | Everyday Blooms 
Writers’ Resolutions for 2020 | Life of Heritage

~ // ~ 

Tell me how your December went!! 

6 comments:

  1. Aw I loved hearing about your month!! and thank you so much for mentioning my post, your so sweet! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, girl! I’m so glad you enjoy! :) Of course! I loved your Blogmas! ;)

      Delete
  2. Praying for your new year ;)
    Hey, about printing Broken, O to be Like Thee is 80k and not formatted super tightly (read: it could be smaller than 430 pages) and the church in Canada that printed it did it for under $8 a book...I know the local print shop here is way more expensive. Anyway, if you’re looking for somewhere they’re really good. ;)
    Your typos are always the best... Sneaks get hugs X’D X’D
    “Writing blog posts about passionate subjects is not conducive to sleep.” Ain’t that the truth. XP (Although I usually back out of posting my ranty stuff...maybe I should change that??)
    Seriously, girl, you’re so pretty. <33
    “Living the adult life requires COOKIES” I second that completely. *thumbs up*
    Oh for favorite stories. <33 <33
    I still really love that second cover...
    Wait, y’all not only made that stunning gingerbread house, you also ate it?? Now I’m doubly jealous...
    Remember me mentioning I thought I broke my ring finger? It’s still been tender so I keep trying switching my ring to different fingers (and ended up getting it kind of stuck X’D). But anyway, YES I love rings on other random fingers!! (Especially right-hand pinky? Idek)
    TATTERED WINGS GIRLLLL. *cries* *heart eyes* You have no idea what that means to me. *tackle hugs*
    My name is that exact same way...here’s to finicky K names we love to death anyway. <33 (Also I really hope I say your name right??)
    “Some interesting things”—Katja, that’s fascinating!! What an amazing day!
    *more tackle hugs bc my blog posts*
    *and more hugs just because*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh Kasssie! I get so excited when I see your comments. XD
    Thank you for praying. <33
    Yeah, I found out that big books are actually cheaper to print, lol! Thanks for the information!
    XD XD They entertain me a lot. (Heh heh yeah, I love that one!)
    Isn’t it though?! XD (Yes, go ahead and post the rants... just let someone read them first maybe... XP)
    Awww, girl, thank you... <33
    Mhm. Everyone does. XD
    Favourite stories are the best. <33
    So do I... :’(
    Yessss we did haha! It was really yummy.
    No, I forget... sorry! I actually only like rings on the middle and fourth finger; otherwise I’m kind of like “o.O that’s not the right way to wear a ring...” XD
    YESS TATTERED WINGS. SERIOUSLY SO AMAZING. <33 *hugs back*
    Hahaha yeah! I have actually no idea because I never heard you say it... ;P the joys of internet friendships...
    Thank you! I found those pretty cool. ;)
    *hugs and hugs bc you’re amazing* <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always say this, but your posts just keep getting better! So Good Girlie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I keep saying this and trying to say it differently... thank you!! Your support means so much. <33

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)