Monday 27 January 2020

The Smashing & Dashing 2019 Character Awards


I saw this tag on Kate’s blog and immediately knew I had to steal it!!! It’s all about characters, and we all know how much I love characters. 😉 

The Rules: 
Answer the 15 questions below, using characters from books you read in 2019  (They don’t have to be new releases this year, just new to you.)  
Link back to Cait’s original post.

That was easy... now for the questions! (This will be hard.)

1. Most Relatable Character: 
The one that comes to mind is Levi from “Bridgers” by Angie Thompson. I related to his fear a lot. I also will give a shoutout to the characters in The Tales of Tarsurella by Livy Lynn Jarmusch because I related to a lot of their struggles—especially Addison.

2. Most Pure Animal Companion: 
I’m not quite sure what this means...! If it means my favourite animal character, then it’s Crusoe from “The Dog Crusoe & His Master” by R.M. Ballantyne. I love dogs :) in theory, not in practise haha.  

3. Fiercest Fighter: 
Hmmm, I’m going to say Erling from “Erling the Bold” by R.M. Ballantyne. I love how Erling is a fierce & experienced Viking but gentle and loving. 

4. Am Surprised That I Loved You??: 
Pick from “Until We All Find Home” by Heather Wood. He started off as an awful guy and ended my favourite character in the whole book! 

5. Best Sassmaster: 
First that comes to mind is Cara from “Beloved” by Kaitlyn Krispense. She made me laugh so hard... so did her brothers. They were all hilarious!!!

6. Best Antihero: 
Hmmm... Tony from “Enemy Brothers” by Constance Savery. Tony had some behaviour problems... but he was amazing and I loved him so, so much. <33 

7. The Best Friends Of All: 
Dym from “Enemy Brothers” by Constance Savery. There’s a reason why he’s my favourite character ever. He would be an amazing friend and brother to have. I love Dym so much!!! 

8. Best Villain To HATE: 
Huh. That’s hard. I tend to like villains somehow! Umm... the murderer from “That Affair Next Door.” He was such a horrible man but I loved him so much at first! 

9. Award For Best vs. Worst YA Parents: 
I don’t really read YA. So I’ll just go with any parents. 
worst: I’ll go with Grace’s parents in “Sufficient Grace” by Jessica Greyson. Her father was so nasty to her and her mother was just spineless! 
best: Oh dear. That’s hard. Um... I think Jancsi’s parents from “The Singing Tree” by Kate Seredy. The father was AMAZING and I loved the mother... oh yes, I think they were the best. 

10. Ship Of All Ships In 2019: 
Brent & Emily from “The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott” by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick. I love shipping these two so much that I don’t even want the romance to progress—just have them start courting! XD 

11. Most Precious Must Be Protected: 
Periwinkle from “The Dark House on the Moss” by Constance Savery. She was so sweet and little and brave... I love how Louis took care of her. <3

12. Honestly Surprised You’re Still Alive: 
Mitch from “I Don’t Dance” by Jesseca Wheaton. I’m surprised someone didn’t strangle him long ago—or pound him. XD 

13. Award For Making The Worst Decisions: 
Edward Waverley from “Waverley” by Sir Walter Scott. He just made a bunch of stupid decisions and got himself into several scrapes. It’s actually odd that you like him so much. XD 

14. Most In Need Of A Nap: 
Mortimer from “Enemy Brothers” by Constance Savery. He was such a hardworking, exhausted, kind-hearted fellow. I loved him :) I feel like Richard was like that too...

15. Want To Read More About You: 
I don’t love sequels. But I would have loved more about Laura & Almanzo from “The First Four Years.” ;) Ok, so this is a reread. But. It’s the only book that fits this category!  

So there you are!! I hope you enjoyed :) I tag anyone who wants to do it!! 

4 comments:

  1. Such a neat post! Tony*heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted a book after The First Four Years. <33
    AND YES BRENT AND EMILYYYYY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! We want more of Laura & Almanzo. xD
      RIIIIIGHTTT?!

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)