Monday, 27 January 2020

The Smashing & Dashing 2019 Character Awards


I saw this tag on Kate’s blog and immediately knew I had to steal it!!! It’s all about characters, and we all know how much I love characters. 😉 

The Rules: 
• Answer the 15 questions below, using characters from books you read in 2019  (They don’t have to be new releases this year, just new to you.)  
• Link back to Cait’s original post.

That was easy... now for the questions! (This will be hard.)

1. Most Relatable Character: 
The one that comes to mind is Levi from “Bridgers” by Angie Thompson. I related to his fear a lot. I also will give a shoutout to the characters in The Tales of Tarsurella by Livy Lynn Jarmusch because I related to a lot of their struggles—especially Addison.

2. Most Pure Animal Companion: 
I’m not quite sure what this means...! If it means my favourite animal character, then it’s Crusoe from “The Dog Crusoe & His Master” by R.M. Ballantyne. I love dogs :) in theory, not in practise haha.  

3. Fiercest Fighter: 
Hmmm, I’m going to say Erling from “Erling the Bold” by R.M. Ballantyne. I love how Erling is a fierce & experienced Viking but gentle and loving. 

4. Am Surprised That I Loved You??: 
Pick from “Until We All Find Home” by Heather Wood. He started off as an awful guy and ended my favourite character in the whole book! 

5. Best Sassmaster: 
First that comes to mind is Cara from “Beloved” by Kaitlyn Krispense. She made me laugh so hard... so did her brothers. They were all hilarious!!!

6. Best Antihero: 
Hmmm... Tony from “Enemy Brothers” by Constance Savery. Tony had some behaviour problems... but he was amazing and I loved him so, so much. <33 

7. The Best Friends Of All: 
Dym from “Enemy Brothers” by Constance Savery. There’s a reason why he’s my favourite character ever. He would be an amazing friend and brother to have. I love Dym so much!!! 

8. Best Villain To HATE: 
Huh. That’s hard. I tend to like villains somehow! Umm... the murderer from “That Affair Next Door.” He was such a horrible man but I loved him so much at first! 

9. Award For Best vs. Worst YA Parents: 
I don’t really read YA. So I’ll just go with any parents. 
• worst: I’ll go with Grace’s parents in “Sufficient Grace” by Jessica Greyson. Her father was so nasty to her and her mother was just spineless! 
• best: Oh dear. That’s hard. Um... I think Jancsi’s parents from “The Singing Tree” by Kate Seredy. The father was AMAZING and I loved the mother... oh yes, I think they were the best. 

10. Ship Of All Ships In 2019: 
Brent & Emily from “The Accidental Cases of Emily Abbott” by Perry Elisabeth Kirkpatrick. I love shipping these two so much that I don’t even want the romance to progress—just have them start courting! XD 

11. Most Precious Must Be Protected: 
Periwinkle from “The Dark House on the Moss” by Constance Savery. She was so sweet and little and brave... I love how Louis took care of her. <3

12. Honestly Surprised You’re Still Alive: 
Mitch from “I Don’t Dance” by Jesseca Wheaton. I’m surprised someone didn’t strangle him long ago—or pound him. XD 

13. Award For Making The Worst Decisions: 
Edward Waverley from “Waverley” by Sir Walter Scott. He just made a bunch of stupid decisions and got himself into several scrapes. It’s actually odd that you like him so much. XD 

14. Most In Need Of A Nap: 
Mortimer from “Enemy Brothers” by Constance Savery. He was such a hardworking, exhausted, kind-hearted fellow. I loved him :) I feel like Richard was like that too...

15. Want To Read More About You: 
I don’t love sequels. But I would have loved more about Laura & Almanzo from “The First Four Years.” ;) Ok, so this is a reread. But. It’s the only book that fits this category!  

So there you are!! I hope you enjoyed :) I tag anyone who wants to do it!! 

4 comments:

  1. Such a neat post! Tony*heart eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wanted a book after The First Four Years. <33
    AND YES BRENT AND EMILYYYYY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! We want more of Laura & Almanzo. xD
      RIIIIIGHTTT?!

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)