Friday 13 December 2019

My Life in Books Tag

Hey friends! This is a random post because I have way too many tags that I want to do just for fun. :) This tag is one I borrowed from an old post of Faith’s. It’s really fun! I'm going to be using my Kindle bookshelf for this tag. 

*Images all from Google.*

// Find a book for each of your initials.
K—The first book I have for “K” on my Kindle I haven’t read yet... the second is “Kidnapped” by Robert Louis Stevenson. I really enjoyed it! I’m a big Scottish fan xD and this is set during the Jacobite rebellion!!  ^_^ I love Scotland so much.... <33

H—The first “H” is “Hans Brinker, or, The Silver Skates.” Ohhh!! I love this book so much. <33 If you haven't read it yet, you're missing out!! It's so old-fashioned and interesting and cheerful...

L—The first “L” is “A Labrador Doctor”by Wilfred Thomason Grenfell. I haven’t read it yet, but I read another book of his and I’m looking forwards to this one! 


// Count your age along your bookshelf. What book is it?
Counting l-r, #18 is “The Adventures of Old Man Coyote,” by Thornton W. Burgess.

Counting r-l, #18 is “The Strenuous Life” by Theodore Roosevelt (which I have not yet read). 


// Pick a book set in your country. 
I always say “The Settlers in Canada” by Frederick Marryat because it’s my very favourite... and is set in my province, too! I love this book sooo, sooo, soooooo much. It's so funny and interesting and delightful and I love it so much. That's all. ^_^




// Pick a book that represents a destination you'd love to travel to. 
“Enemy Brothers” by Constance Savery. Oh, how I want to go to England!! It's always been my favourite country. My first history book was about England... and that's what started my love for history... and so many of my favourite books are British. <33 Anyhow, I'd so love to go there and see the historic places I know, and the places where the historic people I know were.... 


// Pick a book that is your favorite color.
I love blue, purple, and red. So for blue I nominate “The Twin Arrows” by Kate Willis....

for purple, “I Love Thee” by Faith Blum (haven’t read it yet, but it has a lovely purple sky); 

and for red, “Like Wolves on the Fold” by Lt.-Col. Mike Snook (which I also haven’t read BUT WHICH I WANT TO SO BAD). Because it's a battle. And the author fought in it himself. And it's so cool to realize it wasn't that far back. And Canadians fought in that war (like John McCrae). And there are just many cool factors involved here. ^_^


// Which book do you have the fondest memories of?
Oh dear me... that’s so hard to answer!!! I’m going to say “Little Women” by Louisa May Alcott. I’ve known and loved that book since I was five or younger. I’ve read it probably fifty times, if not more, and I’ve laughed over it and copied parts of it and watched a movie about it and talked about it and loved it to bits. Yes, there are so many lovely memories attached to that book. <33 


// Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?
I’m not sure if it’s the very hardest I’ve ever read, but I had a lot of difficulty with “Ways of Nature” by John Burroughs. It was very boring and I didn’t agree with most of it! 


// Which book in your TBR pile will give you the biggest accomplishment when you finish it?
Hm... I think that’ll probably be “The Gathering Storm” by Sir Winston S. Churchill. It’s been in there for three years, I think!! 🙈


And I tag... Mikayla! :) And anyone else who wants to do it, feel free!


4 comments:

  1. I love this tag! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I’m glad you enjoyed! It was fun to do :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun tag! I might do it one day. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)