Monday 9 December 2019

November 2019 in Review


Hello, friends!! How was your November?? Mine was absolutely crazy but absolutely amazing and so much fun. xD Also it seems I've had a relapse into the teen jargon lol. My apologies. Perhaps all the excitement I've had last month is to blame. xP

Anyhow! Let's see what happened last month. I feel like it's pretty boring but... ya know... NaNo was practically all I did! 

~ Happenings ~

// I did NaNo, guys. I reached 54,800+ words, finished my WIP, and edited a little over half of it. Broken is now at past 81,000 words. LIKE WHAAAAATTTT?!?!?! 😱 I was soooo happy! Read this post for more info on my NaNo. :) I'm currently editing it to send to my beta-readers. If you're interested in beta-reading it, let me know in the comments or send me an email through the contact form on the sidebar. :)

// We went to a pastors’ conference on October 30th & came home on November 2nd. It was a slightly crazy time but SO worth it. A wonderful couple let us stay in an apartment in their apartment building and I got super stressed because my siblings couldn’t figure out why they couldn’t yell, jump, or walk hard. XD The sermons were amazing and such a blessing. I’m so grateful we got to go. 

Friday was such a blessing. The sermons were all so good and so inspiring. But one of the things that hit me hardest was this. The wind was very strong yesterday, and just before lunch the power went out. So we finished the conference & ate lunch by the light that came in by the windows. Then the pastor of the church decided to cancel the after-lunch sermon and a few moments later the lights turned back on. So we trooped upstairs and the sermon started. The speaking pastor said something about how when the Israelites saw opposition, they quit and said, “We’ll try later.” And just then, the power went out again. I found it so cool. The devil was trying so hard to cancel our meeting but we intended to listen to those helpful sermons anyways... and God wasn’t letting the devil get away with trying to stop us either (otherwise we would not have had that amazing sermon). It was definitely a unique pastors’ meeting—that evening we had electricity through generators—but it was a huge blessing & an unforgettable one too. ;) 

The sermons at the pastors’ conference last week were such a blessing. I thought I’d share some quotes from my notes... 

  • “You know what the world should see about us? That we love lost people.” 
  • “We need to take our eyes off the irritation of men & turn our eyes to what God can do.”  
  • “Our Hope is based on an eternal promise, not a possibility or a probability.” 
  • “Jesus is in the restoring business & He will do the work.” 
  • “What if the world were to judge Jesus by what they saw in our church?” 
  • “When you meet a lost soul, lead them to Calvary.” 
  • “Few doesn’t mean the same thing to God as to us. Few bothers us. Few does not bother God.” 
  • “Pain is a qualifier & helps is to help others in like circumstances.” 
  • “God saw good in Job, but He also saw better & the pruning brought increase.” 
  • “God is attentive to the situation, cares about the situation, & holds the situation in the palm of His hand.” 
  • “How many times have we tried to do something for God but it doesn’t work because we’re not doing it God’s way?” 
  • “The Lord wants us to seek Him out above everything else. When we do that, He honours what we do.”
*these may not be exactly word for word what the pastors said.*
// I redid my driver's test. I was so nervous. But I passed. 
Thanks to everyone who prayed while I went to retake my driving exam. Almost all the way there I sang “Like a River Glorious” to myself (in French) and I was pretty calm when I arrived. I teared up when my father prayed for me, but I was pretty peaceful. As soon as I walked into the office, I thought I saw the woman who did my test last time and I was terrified. I did not want to take it with her again—I was sure I would flunk. Although I never cry in public, I started crying as I waited to be called up to the desk to pay and everything. I’d wanted to have the guy Lissa had had because he was so nice, but he left just as we entered, and since she’d gotten the same guy both times, I was afraid I’d get the same woman. When I went up, the lady at the desk saw I was crying and asked if I was stressed or upset. My father said I was nervous, and she sweetly told me, « Ça va bien aller, ma belle » (it will go well, my beautiful girl”—a term of endearment). I was still very upset but suddenly another lady assessor came out and called me. I was so relieved. This lady turned out to be just what I needed. She put my at my ease and I really did my best. I passed with no difficulty; and she seemed puzzled as to why I had been stressed and why I hadn’t passed the first time! We came home and celebrated with a special lunch (poutine & a submarine 😉 ) and Oreo drumsticks—WHICH ARE AMAZING! Everyone was so happy for us and all the congratulations and happiness of the little people & my friends was almost overwhelming. Thank you to everyone for supporting me. 💕
Lissa & I saved two drumsticks to celebrate when we finished NaNo. XD

Here are the lyrics I was singing, if you’re interested. 

Comme un fleuve immense 

Est la paix de Dieu.
Parfaite elle avance, 
Vainqueur en tout lieu;
Parfaite elle augmente 
Constamment son cours;
Parfaite sa pente 
S’abaisse toujours. 

Fondés sur Dieu même, 
Nos cœurs à jamais 
Ont pour bien suprême 
Sa parfaite paix. 

Sous Ta main meurtrie 
Se brise, ô mon Roi,
Toute arme ennemie 
Faite contre moi! 
Rien ne peut me nuire,
Ni troubler mon cœur, 
Tu veux me bénir,
Tu seras vainqueur. 

Tu traces ma voie.
J’y marche avec foi.
L’épreuve et la joie
Me viennent de Toi. 
Cadran de nos vies,
Marque chaque jour
Les heures bénies 
Du soleil d’amour. 

Océan de gloire,
Paix de mon sauveur!
Gage de victoire!
Trésor de bonheur!
Ta grâce infinie,
Coulant nuit et jour,
Inonde ma vie 
De vagues d’amour. 

Selon ta promesse,
Ô Jesus, mon Roi,
Je trouve sans cesse
Paix parfaite en Toi. 
-E. Schürer 

And my rough translation... 

Like an immense river 
Is the peace of God.
Perfectly it advances,
Victor in every place. 
Perfectly it increases 
Constantly its course; 
Perfectly it’s slope 
Lowers itself always.

Founded on God Himself,
Our hearts, for ever,
Have, as a supreme possession,
His perfect peace.  

Beneath Your wounded hand
Is broken, O my King,
Every enemy weapon 
Made against me. 
Nothing can harm me,
Nor trouble my heart; 
You want to bless me,
You shall be victor. 

You trace my road.
I walk it with faith
Trials and joy 
Come to me from You.
Sundial of our lives,
Mark every day
The blessed hours
Of the sun of love. 

Ocean of glory,
Peace of my Saviour!
Gage of victory!
Treasure of happiness!
Your infinite grace,
Flowing night and day, 
Floods my life
With waves of love. 

According to Your promise,
Ô Jesus, my King, 
I find without end 
Perfect peace in You. 

// Remembrance Day. And I couldn't wear my poppy because I lost my pin. :/ 
// Decided to open up on my bookstagram & post some of the daily thoughts I was posting on my personal account because I hoped they could be a blessing.  
// Did some ask-me-anythings on Instagram. Those are so fun! 



// Took food photo shoots. It’s so fun. XD


Yeah, they're sideways... sorry. 
// I had a lot of hilarious typos this month. 😂

 

// I did grammar, of course... it’s getting pretty cool & complicated XD
// I listened to a ton of hymns and my Scottish folk songs... and Christmas music!  
 


// Read a lot of Snoopy comics. XD I LOVE SNOOPY! 





*all cartoons from Pinterest* 

// I created my emoji!! It’s sooo much fun! 
 
// Cleaned through my papers & found some cool story ideas, poems, and random stuff... 
// I drew a decent star. LIKE WOW. I have such a terrible time drawing arrows and stars...

// I hardly listened to the Messiah. 😢 
// My little sister suddenly told me & another sister that her tooth was loose. I got super excited and she burst into tears. She said she was afraid that her tooth would fall into her pizza! So I got One Morning in Maine by Robert McCloskey & I started reading it aloud. No sooner did I read Sal’s mother’s reaction to Sal losing her teeth, than my sister perked up. She got so excited that she was losing teeth just like her big sister! XD Tucking that book away for when I have my own children lol!! 
// Random... 
Give me ideas! What type of posts would you like to see?? 
If anyone was curious about my reading preferences... XP

My boots <33

So much beauty in winter even if it can be a pain. 


~ Bookish ~
// During the craziness of NaNo, I managed to post almost daily on my bookstagram. I completed Abigayle Claire's #BookishLegacy Bookstagram Challenge and really enjoyed it! From now on I will have a bookstagram schedule as well as a blogging one. It makes things so much easier! Just at the moment I took my friend Mary's idea and will be using my #OFBLBookLoversBlitz Reading Challenge as a bookstagram challenge. Really looking forwards to it!!










 
Some of my favourite pictures of the month...

And my favourite post of the month... 
{@abitheauthor’s #BookishLegacy Day 19: Favourite Male Main Character. } 
Until May of this year, this would have been a terrible question. Because I love so, so many male characters. I couldn’t even name my top favourites without thinking hard. But in May, I met my favourite fictional character of all time. (George) Dymory Ingleford, Flight Lieutenant. He’s English, he’s a lieutenant in the RAF, he has an amazing name, and his story is set in WWII. But that’s not just why I love him. Dym became my favourite character because of his character. He is so perfect, and yet he is perfectly perfect. He couldn’t be any other way. He’s self-possessed, quick-thinking, has a sense of humour, thinks & feels deeply; but most of all he has a deep, deep love for people in general and his family in particular. He is willing to sacrifice everything for his family and his country. His love for Tony is absolutely beautiful, and I love how he is the centre that the whole family revolves around, even if he’s only the sixth oldest. From Thomas, the eldest, to Simon & Judy, the youngest, they all depend on Dym. And it’s because he places all his talents at their disposition. He’s so patient and good-humoured with Tony’s moods and Simon & Judy’s annoying silliness. Really, I think his deep love for his family is what makes him stand out as such an amazing character, and makes everyone love him back. I’ve never been so deeply touched by any character as I was touched by Dym. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿💙🇬🇧
// Wrote a post while in bed at 10 p.m. for National Authors Day. 
// Reached 460 books & short stories read!!! 10 to go!!  
// My sister & I went to the library and I got a ton of new Géronimo Stilton books!! 

// Buddy-read with Ryana Lynn & Hannah and with Dessa... and with Bethany... and with Bethany & Mary... XD 


 

// I discussed Enemy Brothers with Mary A  L O T. It was soooo nice!!! 
I thought so much about Enemy Brothers this month..
 

// I EXPLODED my TBR with the Indie Author Black Friday Sale. XD I’ve gone up to 600+ again...
 

Books Read: 39.
Books Reviewed: 40 books.
2.5-stars: 1 book.
3-stars: 19 books. 
4-stars: 8 books.
4.5-stars: 2 books.
5-stars: 5 books. 
5+ stars: 5 books. 


~ Favourite Blog Posts ~
Sooooo I actually forgot all about this until Sunday morning and am currently listening to my Scottish folk playlist & writing this out at 9:26 pm. 

10 Things, Be Happy | Soldier Girl Stories
15 (Fun) Things to do When You’re Sick | Life Without a Latte
All About Autumn Tag | Soldier Girl Stories
Baby in a Raincoat | Once Upon an Ordinary
Being Thankful Every Day | Everyday Blooms
Book Review: In 27 Days | Once Upon an Ordinary
Classics | Mikayla Holman
The Detour | The Destiny of One
A Few Lovely Things | Once Upon an Ordinary 
How to Thank a Veteran | Soldier Girl Stories
I Cried in Church Today | The Destiny of One
I Didn't Expect This | Loved Before Time
Know the Novel – Within the WIP | Soldier Girl Stories
Little Cozy Things in the Busy Season | Everyday Blooms
My Shoes Have Bows | Once upon an Ordinary
My Top 5 Favorite Bookish Clichés! | Life of Heritage
Playlist Writing Tag | Soldier Girl Stories
Retellings: Abigayle & Andora's Folly | With a Joyful Noise
Retellings: Kendra & The Worth of a King | With a Joyful Noise *Disclaimer: I do not condone magic. 
Retellings: Kirsten Fichter & Once Upon a Twist Tales | With a Joyful Noise *Disclaimer: I do not agree with her discourse on magic. 
Soldier Life: The Lieutenant // Episode 9 | Life of Heritage
Thankful for... Trials? | With a Joyful Noise
To Give Hope – Part 2 | Rebekah's Reading Room
To Give Hope – Part 3 | Rebekah's Reading Room
What's Up in My World | Mikayla Holman
Winter Photography || Day 5 of Blogmas | Victoria Paige
WriteMind Planner–Part 1 | Read Another Page
WriteMind Planner–Part 2 | Read Another Page
Writing Themes // Forgiveness // Episode 1 | Life of Heritage


~ / /~

So tell me... how was your November??

6 comments:

  1. When you do a wrap-up post you do 'em right! ;) This was such a fun post to read and congrats on completeting Nano and your driver's test!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! ;) Thank you!! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. :) Aw, thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Katja on your success with Nano and passing your drivers test.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Seems I’ve had a relapse into the teen jargon”—I’m laughing for no reason bc it’ll randomly dawn on me how much “teen jargon,” I guess, that I use. X’D I don’t really care? I think? But it’s definitely there. XP
    YOU FINISHED BROKEN HOW CAN IT BE BORING!!! And yes I’d love to beta it, even though I probably won’t be super efficient because life is busy... I STILL WANT TO READ IT.
    I loved seeing your sermon notes! They’re honestly really encouraging...and you’re so much better at taking notes than me. XP
    I’M STILL SO HAPPY ABOUT YOUR DRIVER’S TEST. God is so good!! <33 And I think I may like your French translation better than the English version, haha!
    “I’ll be reading to sleight in a wommen” has me dying... X’D X’D Typos are the best!!
    The Snoopy comics!!! “SLAM DUNK!!” X’D I love Snoopy.
    I also love your emoji! I’ll have to figure out a way to share a pic of mine. XD
    Hey, at least you can draw hearts!! I can draw decent stars (because I’ve dotted the I in Kassie with one for years, true story...) but my hearts are just embarrassing!
    Book Lovers Blitz here we come!!
    I love your piece about Dym...I should try writing something about my favorite... <3
    I always love seeing your buddy-reading texts!! They’re seriously the best!! And everything about Enemy Brothers! *starts thinking about book characters I want as older brothers*
    That book sale was seriously the best!!
    Ahh *happy dance* I always love seeing my blog posts at the end of your wrap ups!! <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I dit use too much... I hope... XP I like to use it sometimes when I’m feeling silly... ;)
      AHHH THANKS GIRL! You’re so seeet! Ahhhh thank youuu. I’ll add you to the list. <33 I hope you enjoy it!
      Oh, I’m so glad! I love them too. Lol thanks, but I doubt it.... those are transcribed from my reaaaallllyyyy messy notebook XP
      THANK YOU. You’re so sweet!! Yesss He is. <33 Hahaha! I love the hymn better in French than in English. ;)
      Lolol it was hilarious. I’ve started collecting my typos XP they’re so funny sometimes!
      Yessss I love it. It’s so me XP “why do I do things like thissss??” X’D
      Thank youuu! Yesss please do!
      Hahaha Yeah, that took a lottt if pravtise to make those too... and usually takes me a couple tries XP Awww, so cute!
      Yayyyy! I’m so excited to see what you guys read this time! :)
      Thank you. Yesss you should!!!
      Hahaha thanks! I love them too! We laugh soooo hard. YES Enemy Brothers is the best XP
      YES it was!!! So much fun!!!
      Of course <33 you write such amazing posts!!
      Thank you for your amazing comments, Kassie!! I love reading them!!! <33

      Delete

Did you enjoy this post? Please let me know your thoughts about it! :) I'd love to hear from you. But please refrain from any profanity & euphemisms. :)